1. Students who apply to live in the dormitory will be provided with accommodation only upon paying the dorm fee . Students who already have on-campus housing arranged may not seek off-campus accommodation.
2. Students who wish to live off campus for whatever reason must undergo the following procedures or will otherwise be regarded as having violated regulations and subject to disciplinary measures:
a. Students should apply for moving in writing to the School of International Education, including reasons for moving, intended address, contact person, and telephone number.
b. Students should present the leasing contract provided by the property-owner in China and give this person’s contact information.
c. The School of International Education will review the request to move. Once approved, students should sign an agreement with the School of International Education.
d. Students should report to the International Student Office to register their new living situation and revise their accommodation payment plan. Students who have completed the moving process prior to registration of the first term of an academic year do not have to pay any further accommodation fees. Students who complete this procedure at other times will not receive refunds for that academic year.
3. Students living in the dormitory should use the assigned room and bed, and should be compliant with arrangements and necessary adjustments made by the building supervisor. Students are not allowed to change or use other beds without approval. Those who need to change their room or bed for any reason should apply in writing to the School of International Education, and may not make any changes until approval is granted. Students may not move to other rooms, exchange or have extra furniture in their rooms, alter or break public dormitory facilities, paint dormitory walls, or get extra furniture which might intrude into their roommates’ living space without permission from SIE.
4. Students are not allowed to have guests stay in their dormitory rooms without permission from the School of International Education.
5. Students who cease living in the dormitory due to dismissal, expulsion, or voluntarily leaving the university will not have their accommodation fees returned to them.
6. During holidays including summer and winter vacations, students who wish to travel or leave the dormitory for other purposes should report to the dorm supervisor prior to departure and should return on time. Dorm fee for summer and winter vacations will be charged in accordance with the related rules of SIE.
7. Upon graduating, students should return all property to the school undamaged and leave the school in a civilized manner. Students should vacate their rooms according to schedule. Students who remain in the dormitory or leave their belongings in their room without permission will be held accountable for additional accommodation fees as well as costs which arise from their rooms being inaccessible for cleaning during that time. Moving out of the dorm should be done in accordance with school regulations. Students who require use of their dormitory room beyond the scheduled time should apply for this to the School of International Education, and if approved, they should abide by whatever arrangements are made by SIE at that time.
8．For students who leave school over one month without reporting to the International Students’ office, SIE has the right to rearrange his/her room and handle his/her belongings in case they are not acclaimed for after one-month keeping.
Section two: Regulations on Order and Cleanliness
1. Students should abide by the rules for study and rest in the dormitory and should respect the regulated dormitory sleeping hours. Students who return to the dormitory late for whatever reason must register upon entering with proper identification.
2. Gambling, excessive drinking, drug use, thievery, fighting, and other actions in violation of Chinese laws and/or SCUT regulations are strictly forbidden.
3. Students should keep noise at a low level in the dormitory and refrain from making a racket. Students who use speakers, computers, or other acoustic equipment must take care not to disturb others. Students are not permitted to use devices prone to make loud noise in rooms, like washing machines.
4 Selling, multi-level marketing, and other commercial activities are prohibited in the dormitory.
5. Students should not be wasteful of electricity and water and should take care of dormitory materials. If something in the dormitory is broken, it should be reported to the front office for repair. If dorm facilities are broken due to improper use, the person responsible must compensate for all damages. During thunderstorms students should turn off all telephones, televisions, computers, and other electrical devices to avoid damage. Those who use the public kitchens should use all kitchen equipment properly. If equipment is broken due to improper use, the person responsible must compensate for all damages. Disciplinary action or even legal action may be taken if there are serious consequences due to the improper usage. Those who intentionally damage dormitory facilities will be fined five to ten times the cost of the damage.
6. Students may not skate, play football or basketball, or do any other sports activities in the dorm. Those who do will have their equipment confiscated. Pets and animals are not allowed in the dorm.
7. Students should maintain a clean environment and keep take care of dorm facilities. Faucets and toilets should be kept in working order and drains kept unobstructed. Graffiti, littering, spitting, throwing things, and posting flyers outside of permitted locations is forbidden. Those who violate these rules will be fined 50-200 Yuan in accordance with the “Regulations on Environmental Cleanliness in Guangzhou”.
8. Students should keep their living space and common areas clean. Rubbish should be placed in garbage cans, rooms and passageways should be kept tidy, and all students should be ready for cleanliness inspections held by SCUT and the School of International Education.
9.The facility in the bathe, and the kitchen for public use, and the laundry all serve for the resident students, the rest are forbidden to use.
10.Students should keep quiet after 12:00PM in the dormitory.Playing music ,making loudly noise and bothering others is forbidden.Those who violate these rule will be expelled from the dorm.
11.Dormitory is not an entertainment or religion place,so holding birthday party and religious activities is forbidden.We apologize for any inconvenient to you caused by this.
12.For dormitory fire safety,storing and setting firework in the dormitory.Those who violate these rule will be expelled from the dorm.
13. Driving the motor bike in the campus and parking motor bike in campus，Those who violate the rule will be expelled from the dorm.
14.Students who live in dormitory is necessary to pay dormitory fees on time.Without the school's permission, those who are overdue of more than one week to pay the dormitory fees will lose their qualifications to live in the dormitory and have to move out of their dormitory immediately
15.Activity room is for studying and meeting.Eating and smoking inside the activity room is forbidden. Those who violate these rule will lose the qualification to use activity.
16.Do not place personal belongings in the public area of dormitory, if refuse to mend this behavior after repeated criticisms, the school has the right to dispose all the belongings.
17.Students who live in dormitory but fail to graduate, the school will not continue to provide dormitory for them.
Section three: Supplementary Comments
1. The rules above pertain to all students living in the international student dormitory on the north campus. Those who violate rules will be subject to fines of 200-500 Yuan and be punished in accordance with the “Rules on the Discipline of International Students in the School of International Education at SCUT”. Students who are responsible for the loss or damage of public property or the property of others must compensate for all expenses.
2. All staff and students in the School of International Education are responsible for creating a pleasant dormitory environment. Those who commit acts which interrupt dorm security and order will be disciplined accordingly. Students’ behavior has bearing on their overall assessment.
3. The right of administering and interpreting the details of these regulations belongs to the School of International Education. They are effective from 1st September 2015.
学院办公室: +86-(20) 39381078
招生与项目办公室: +86-(20) 39381048
留学生管理办公室: +86-(20) 39381020
教务办公室: +86-(20) 39381030
孔子学院办公室: +86-(20) 39382002
传真(Fax): +86 (0) 20 39381078 电子邮箱:firstname.lastname@example.org
地址: 中国 广州市 广州大学城 华南理工大学 国际教育学院 B1-207
2019 © 华南理工大学国际教育学院 版权所有 粤ICP备05084312号