Name: Cai Yi
Ph. D (CUHK) , Professor
Date of birth: 1980
Semantic Web, Information Retrieval, Recommender System, Data Mining and Cognitive Modeling.
Yi Cai received his PhD from the Chinese University of Hong Kong. Before he joined SCUT, he was a post-doctor of City University of Hong Kong. He was a visiting scholar of KEG of Tsinghua University, City University of Hong Kong, Nanyang Technological University. He published 30 papers (e.g., CIKM, ER, WI, WISE, ICTAI and JCST) and 2 books. He reviewed papers from conferences and journals related to information retrieval, semantic web, recommender system, data mining and database, including TKDE, TOIT, WWWJ, JCST, CIKM and ER. He is a program committee member of conferences, including ICWE, WAIM, ICEBE and NDBC. He is the co-chair of Social Networking and Mining Track in EIDWT-2013.
1. Yi Cai, Ching-man Au Yeung, and Ho-fung Leung, 2012. Fuzzy Computational Ontologies in Contexts. Springer. ISBN：978-3-642-25455-0
2. 蔡毅，欧阳靖民，梁浩锋，2011，情境中的模糊计算本体，高等教育出版社 (2010年度国家科学技术学术著作出版基金资助项目) 。ISBN：978-7-040-33889-8
1. Yi Cai, Hongke Zhao, Hao Han, Raymond Y.K. Lau, Ho-fung Leung and Huaqing Min. Answering Typicality Query based on Automatically Prototype Construction. In proceeding of Web Intelligence 2012 (WI’12).
2. Yi Cai, Hao Han, Yifeng Shao, Jian Chen, Ho-fung Leung and Huaqing Min. Integrating Tags and Ratings into User Profiling for Personalized Search inCollaborative Tagging Systems. In proceeding of Web Intelligence 2012 (WI’12).
3. Wenping Zhang, Yi Cai, Raymond Y.K. Lau, Stephen S. Liao,Ron C.W. Kwok. SEMI-SUPERVISED TEXT MINING FORDYNAMIC BUSINESS NETWORK DISCOVERY. In Proceeding of PACIS 2012.
4. Haoran Xie, Qing Li and Yi Cai: Community-Aware Resource Profiling for Personalized Search in Folksonomy. J. Comput. Sci. Technol. 27(3): 599-610 (2012)
5. Hao Han, Yi Cai, Yifeng Shao, Qing Li: Improving Recommendation Based on Features' Co-occurrence Effects in Collaborative Tagging Systems. APWeb 2012: 652-659
6. Yi Cai and Ho-fung Leung. Formalizing Object Membership in Fuzzy Ontology with Property Importance and Property Priority. To Appear in Proceedings of the 2011 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, Taipei, China, 27-30 June, 2011. IEEE.
7. Lijuan Yu, Qing Li, Haoran Xie, and Yi Cai. Exploring Folksonomy and Cooking Procedures to Boost Cooking Recipe Recommendation. APWeb 2011: 119-130.
8. Yi Cai , Qing Li, Haoran Xie and Lijuan Yu. Personalized Resource Search by Tag-based User Profile and Resource Profile, in Proceedings of The 11th International Conference on Web Information System Engineering (WISE 2010).
9. Yi Cai, Ho-fung Leung, Qing Li, Jie Tang and Juanzi Li. Recommendation Based On Object Typicality, in Proceedings of The 19th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM'10).
10. Yi Cai and Qing Li. Personalized Search by Tag-based User Profile and Resource Profile in Collaborative Tagging Systems, in Proceedings of The 19th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM'10).
11. Yi Cai and Ho-fung Leung. A Fuzzy Description Logic with Automatic Object Membership Measurement, in Proceedings of KSEM 2010.
12. Yi Cai, Ho-fung Leung, Qing Li, Jie Tang and Juanzi Li. TyCo: Towards Typicality-based Collaborative Filtering Recommendation, in Proceedings of The 22th IEEE Intenational Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI 2010).
13. Yan'an Jin, Ruixuan Li, Yi Cai and Qing Li. Semantic Grounding of Hybridization for Tag Recommendation, in Proceedings of 11th International Conference on Web-Age Information Management (WAIM 2011).
14. Wenhao Chen, Yi Cai and Ho-fung Leung. Context-aware Basic Level Concepts Detection in Folksonomies, in Proceedings of 11th International Conference on Web-Age Information Management (WAIM 2011). (Best Student Paper Award)
15. Wenhao Chen, Yi Cai and Ho-fung Leung. Extracting Ontologies with Basic Level Concepts from Folksonomies, in Proceedings of International Conference on Computational Science 2010 (ICCS 2010).
16. Wenhao Chen, Yi Cai and Ho-fung Leung. An Unsupervised Method of Exploring Ontologies from Folksonomies, in Proceedings of the 2010 International Conference on Computational Science and Its Applications.
17. Yi Cai and Ho-fung Leung. Formalizing Object Typicality in Context-aware Ontology, in Proceedings of the 20th IEEE International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence, 2008.
18. Yi Cai and Ho-fung Leung. A Formal Model of Fuzzy Ontology with Property Hierarchy and Object Membership, in Conceptual Modeling - ER 2008, 27th International Conference on Conceptual Modeling, Barcelona, Spain, October 20-24,2008.
19. Yi Cai, Ho-fung Leung, Ada W. Fu. Multi-Prototype Concept and Object Typicality in Ontology, in Proceedings of the 21st International Florida Artificial Intelligence Research Society Conference, 2008
1. Best Student Paper Award in The 11th International Conference on Web-Age Information Management (WAIM'2010).
2. Global Scholarship Programme for Research Excellence - CNOOC Grant 2008-2009, CUHK.
3. Second-runner-up of IEEE (HK) Computational Intelligence Chapter Final Year Project and Postgraduate Paper Competition 2008.