1. Wushan Campus
School of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering
Material Science and Engineering (Metal Material and Process Engineering, Polymer Material and Process Engineering)
Power Engineering and Engineering Thermophysics (Chemical Process Equipment)
School of Architecture
Architectural History and Theory
Architectural Design and Theory
Architectural Technology and Science
Study of Urban and Rural Planning
School of Civil
Disaster Prevention and Reduction Engineering and Protective Engineering
Bridge and Tunnel Engineering
Highway and Railway Engineering
Traffic Information Engineering and Control
Transportation Planning and Management
Shipbuilding and Oceanography Engineering
School of Electronic and Information Engineering
Electronic Science and Technology (Circuits and Systems, Electromagnetic Filed and Microwave Techniques)
Information and Communication Engineering (Chinese/ English Medium)
School of Electric Power
Power Engineering and Engineering Thermophysics (Engineering Thermophysics, Thermal Power Engineering)
Electrical Engineering (Power System and its Automation, Power Electronics and Power Drives, Electric Machines and Electric Apparatus, Theory and New Technology of Electrical Engineering, High Voltage and Insulation Technology)
School of Automation
Science and Engineering
Control Science and Control Engineering (Chinese/ English Medium)
School of Material Science and Engineering
Chemistry (Chemistry and Physics of Polymers)
Material Science and Engineering (Chinese/ English Medium)
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Chemistry (Inorganic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry)
Chemical Engineering and Technology (Chemical Engineering, Industrial Catalysis, Applied Chemistry, Chemical Technology, Energy Environmental Material and Technology)
School of Food Science and Engineering
Light Industry Technology and Engineering (Sugar Engineering)
Food Science and Engineering (Chinese/English Medium)
School of Light Industry
Light Industry Technology and Engineering (Pulp and Paper Engineering, Biomass
Science and Engineering)
School of Mathematics
School of Physics
Electronic Science and Technology (Physical Electronics)
School of Marxism
School of Business Administration
Management Science and Engineering
Technological Economics and Management
School of Public Administration
2. University Town Campus
School of Computer Science and Engineering
Computer Science and Technology
School of Software Engineering
School of Environmental and Energy
Environmental Science and Engineering (Chinese/ Bilingual Medium)
School of Biology and
Light Industry Technology and Engineerin (Fermentation Engineering)
School of Economics and Finance
Department of Electronic Business
Management Science and Engineering
Department of Tourism Management
School of Medicine
Biology (Cell Biology)
Biomedical Engineering (Biomedical Materials, Tissue Engineering, Nanomedicine and Medical Imaging, Biomedical Electronics and Medical Information)
3. Guangzhou International Campus
School of Biomedical Sciences and
School of Future Technology
Information and Communication Engineering (Communication and Information System, Signal and Information Processing)
4. Application Requirements
(1) Master's degree diploma and transcripts with good record. Those who have not graduated from master program, submit a pre-graduation certificate, or a testimonial which shows your expected graduation time and present your original certification, transcripts, and translations when you register.
(2) Language requirements for Chinese Medium programs (language certificate must be valid for the latest 2 years):
• HSK Band 4 with 180 scores or above for Science or Engineering studies
• HSK Band 5 with 180 scores or above for Liberal Arts, Economics, or Management studies
(3) Language requirements for English Medium programs (only for non-English speaking countries) (language certificate must be valid for the latest 2 years):
• TOEFL IBT 80 or above
• IELTS 6.0 or above
(4) Language requirements for Bilingual Medium programs:
• HSK Band 4 with 180 scores or above
• TOEFL IBT 80/ IELTS 6.0 above (only for non-English speaking countries)
(5) Those students who are exempt from submitting an English Language Certificate must meet the following conditions:
• A citizen of an English-speaking country
• Obtained the highest-level degree of education from an institution operating in English and submitting a proof issued by the instruction
(6) Those who do not have an HSK certificate can study in the Chinese Language program at SCUT prior to their degree programs until the required certificate has been completed.
(7) To apply for architecture related programs or design related programs, please submit at least 1 character sketch and 1 still life sketch.
(8) Two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors.
(9) A pre-acceptance letter signed by SCUT professors or associate professors.
(10) A study or research plan written in Chinese/English (500 words minimum).
(11) Abstract(s) of graduation thesis(es) or published paper(s).
(12) Applications of changing majors will not be accepted two weeks after semester begins.
5. Application Deadline
Before 15 June each year.
6. Study Starting Time
September of each year.
Please note that names of the majors, the schools and other information are subject to the latest notices.