Master's admissions major:
Master of academic degree: 083000| Environmental science and engineering.
Master of professional degree: 085700| Resources and environment.
Doctoral admissions major:
Doctor of academic degree: 083000| Environmental science and engineering.
Doctor of professional degree: 085700| Resources and environment.
January 2013 - Present, School of environment and energy, South China University of Technology
September 2010 - December 2012, School of environmental science and engineering, South China University of Technology
August 2007 - March 2009, Institute of energy, Pennsylvania State University, USA
From September 2001 to July 2007, Doctor of Science degree from the State Key Laboratory of catalysis foundation, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Doctoral supervisor: Bao Xinhe
From September 1997 to July 2001, Bachelor's degree from school of chemistry and molecular science, Wuhan University, Tutor: Professor Chen Yuanyin
The research of air pollution control theory and technology, including the resource utilization of greenhouse gases, the control of toxic and harmful air pollutants and the research of multifunctional environmental nano materials
Fostering Program of the Major Research Plan of the National Natural Science Foundation of China, 91645119: Construction of model catalyst for CO2 hydrogenation to methanol and Research on its surface structure regulation and reaction characteristics; 2017 / 01-2019 / 12; 750,000 CNY; In progress, project leader
Key project of basic scientific research and business expenses of Central University of South China University of technology: Construction of non Cu-ZnO based model catalyst and its catalytic performance for CO2 hydrogenation to methanol; In progress, project leader
Mutual project of State Key Laboratory of solid surface physical chemistry, Xiamen University, 201602: Construction of Cu / CeOx / TiO2 (001) nanosheet model catalyst for CO2 hydrogenation to methanol and its interfacial properties and reaction performance research, 2017 / 01-2018 / 12, 120,000 CNY; In progress, project leader.
General project of Guangzhou Science (Technology) research project, 201607010095: Research on the construction and interfacial properties of Cu / discoid ZnO model catalyst in green methanol synthesis; 2016 / 04-2019 / 03; 200,000 yuan; In progress, project leader
Key project of basic scientific research and business expenses of Central University of South China University of technology, 2015zz052: Construction of CO2 energy oriented model catalyst and Research on its structure-activity relationship; 2015 / 01-2016 / 12; 200,000 CNY, completed, project leader
Ministry of education research foundation for returned overseas students: Directed construction and structure-activity relationship of specific structure catalyst for CO2 hydrogenation, 2013 / 01-2015 / 12; 30,000 yuan, completed, project leader
Youth fund project of National Natural Science Foundation of China, 21207039: Construction and structure activity relationship of nitrogen doped carbon nanotubes supported Cu catalyst for CO2 energy conversion, 2013 / 01-2015 / 12; 250,000 CNY, completed, project leader
General project of Guangdong Natural Science Foundation, s20110100000737: Research on new efficient catalyst for CO2 to methanol reaction; 2011 / 01-2013 / 12, 50,000 yuan, completed, project leader
Ministry of Education University doctoral program new teacher fund, 20110172120017: Directed construction and structure activity relationship of specific structure catalyst for carbon dioxide hydrogenation, 2012 / 01-2014 / 12; 40,000 yuan, completed, project leader
Mutual project of State Key Laboratory of catalysis: Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, n-11-06; Research on efficient conversion of CO2 to methanol over ultra-fine monoclinic ZrO2 supported Cu catalyst, 2011 / 01-2013 / 12; 100,000 yuan, completed, project leader
Mutual fund project of Key Laboratory of renewable energy and natural gas hydrate, Chinese Academy of Sciences, No. y007k1: Research on catalytic conversion of CO2 in functionalized ionic liquids to fuel, 2011.1-2012.12, 20,000 yuan, completed, project leader
Basic research and operation expenses of Central University of South China University of technology, 2011zm 0048: Research on directional construction and structure activity relationship of specific structure catalyst for CO2 hydrogenation, 2011 / 01-2012 / 12, 80,000 yuan, completed, project leader
Recent representative publications:
1.Yuhai Sun, Limin Chen*, Yunfeng Bao, Guannan Wang, Yujun Zhang, Mingli Fu, Junliang Wu and Daiqi Ye*. Roles of Nitrogen Species on Nitrogen-doped CNTs Supported Cu-ZrO2 System for Carbon Dioxide Hydrogenation to Methanol. Catal. Today, 2017, in print.
2.Yuhai Sun, Limin Chen*, Yunfeng Bao, Yujun Zhang, Jing Wang, Mingli Fu, Junliang Wu and Daiqi Ye. The Applications of Morphology Controlled ZnO in Catalysis. Catalysts, 2016, 6, 188.
3.Limin Chen*, Yunfeng Bao, Yuhai Sun, Ding Ma, Daiqi Ye, Bichun Huang. The Graphitic Carbon Strengthened Synergetic Effect between Pt and FeNi for CO Preferential Oxidation in Excess Hydrogen at Low Temperature. Catal. Sci. Technol. 2016, 6:98-106. (Back cover page)
4.Guannan Wang, Limin Chen*, Yuhai Sun, Junliang Wu, Mingli Fu, Daiqi Ye*. Carbon dioxide hydrogenation to methanol over Cu/ZrO2/CNTs: effect of carbon surface chemistry. RSC Adv, 2015, 5(56): 45320-45330.
5.Jinzhu Chen*, Shengpei Wang, Jing Huang, Limin Chen*, Longlong Ma, Xing Huang. Conversion of Cellulose and Cellobiose into Sorbitol Catalyzed by Ruthenium Supported on a Polyoxometalate/Metal–Organic Framework Hybrid. ChemSusChem, 2013, 6, 1545-1555.
6.Yuanyuan Guo, Limin Chen*, Ding Ma, Daiqi Ye and Bichun Huang. Promotion Effect of the Adsorbed Water/OH on the Catalytic Performance of Ag/Activated Carbon Catalysts for CO Preferential Oxidation in Excess H2. J. Energy Chem. 2013, 22, 591-598.
7.Limin Chen*, Ding Ma, Zhen Zhang, Yuanyuan Guo, Daiqi Ye, and Bichun Huang. Synergistic Effect of a Carbon Black Supported PtAg Non-Alloy Bimetal Nanocatalyst for CO Preferential Oxidation in Excess Hydrogen. ChemCatChem, 2012, 4(12), 1960-1967.
8.Limin Chen*, Ding Ma, Zhang Z, Yuanyuan Guo, Daiqi Ye and Bichun Huang. Low Pt Loading High Catalytic Performance of PtFeNi/ Carbon Nanotubes Catalysts for CO Preferential Oxidation in Excess of Hydrogen I: Promotion Effects of Fe and/or Ni. Catal. Lett. 2012, 142, 975-983.
9. Limin Chen, Ronlad Wincek and Semih Eser*. Preprint. NMR Analyis of FCC Decant Oils and Their Hydrotreatment Products. Preprint. The 236th ACS National Meeting, Division of Fuel, 2008, 53(2), No page given.
10. Limin Chen, Ding Ma, and Xinhe Bao*. Formation of Superoxide Species on Activated Carbon over Ag/Activated Carbon Catalysts for Selective Oxidation of CO in H2-Rich Gases. J. Phys. Chem. C 2007, 111(5), 2229-2234.
11. Limin Chen, Ding Ma, Xiaoyun Li, and Xinhe Bao*. Silver Catalysts Supported over Activated Carbon for the Selective Oxidation of CO in Excess Hydrogen: Effects of Different Treatments on the Supports. Catal. Lett. 2006, 111(3-4), 133-139.
12. Limin Chen, Ding Ma, Babara Pietruszka and Xinhe Bao*. Carbon Supported Silver Catalysts for CO Selective Oxidation in Excess Hydrogen. J. Natural Gas Chem. 2006, 15(3), 181-190.
13. Qiang Fu, Weixue Li, Yunxi Yao, Hongyang Liu, Haiyan Su, Ding Ma, Xiangkui Gu, Limin Chen, Zhen Wang, Hui Zhang, Bing Wang and Xinhe Bao*. Interface Confined Ferrous Centers for Catalytic Oxidation. Science, 2010, 328, 1141-1144.
14. Ruosi Peng, Xibo Sun, Shujun Li, Limin Chen,Mingli Fu, Junliang Wu, Daiqi Ye. Shape effect of Pt/CeO2 catalysts on the catalytic oxidation of toluene. Chem. Eng. J. 2016, 306, 1234-1246.
15. Yuanyuan Guo, Yonglei Li1, Jinzhu Chen, Limin Chen. Hydrogenation of Levulinic Acid into γ-Valerolactone Over Ruthenium Catalysts Supported on Metal–Organic Frameworks in Aqueous Medium. Catal. Lett. 2016, 146(10), 2041-2052.
16. Aibing Chen, Pengpeng Ju, Yunzhao Zhang, Jinzhu Chen*, Hui Gao, Limin Chen and Yifeng Yu. Highly recyclable and magnetic catalyst of a metalloporphyrin-based polymeric composite for cycloaddition of CO2 to epoxide. RSC Adv., 2016, 6, 96455-96466.
17. Weicheng Xu, Ni Wang, Yangda Chen, Jiandong Chen, Xiaoxin Xu, Lian Yu, Limin Chen, Junliang Wu, Mingli Fu, Aimin Zhu, Daiqi Ye.In situ FT-IR study and evaluation of toluene abatement in different plasma catalytic systems over metal oxides loaded gamma-Al2O3. Catal. Commun. 2016, 84, 61-66.
18. Hang Liu, Jinzhu Chen*, Limin Chen, Yisheng Xu, Xuhong Guo, Dingye Fang. Carbon Nanotube-Based Solid Sulfonic Acids as Catalysts for Production of Fatty Acid Methyl Ester via Transesterification and Esterification. ACS Sustain. Chem. Eng. 2016, 4, 3140-3150.
19. Xiaoxin Xu, Peitao Wang, Weicheng Xu, Junliang Wu, Limin Chen, Mingli Fu, Daiqi Ye*. Plasma-catalysis of metal loaded SBA-15 for toluene removal: Comparison of continuously introduced and adsorption-discharge plasma system. Chem. Eng. J. 2016, 283: 276-284.
20. Aibing Chen, Tiancong Zhao, Hui Gao, Limin Chen, Jinzhu Chen*, Yifeng Yu. Titanate nanotube-promoted chemical fixation of carbon dioxide to cyclic carbonate: a combined experimental and computational study. Catal. Sci. Technol. 2016, 6( 3): 780-790.
21. Rong Huang, Meijuan Lu, Peitao Wang,Yangda Chen, Junliang Wu, Mingli Fu, Limin Chen, Daiqi Ye. Enhancement of the non-thermal plasma-catalytic system with different zeolites for toluene removal. RSC Adv. 2015, 5(88): 72113-72120.
Hui Gao, Limin Chen, Jinzhu Chen*, Yuanyuan Guo, Daiqi Ye. A Computational Study on the Hydrogenation of CO2 Catalyzed by a Tetraphos-Ligated Cobalt Complex: Monohydride vs. Dihydride. Catal. Sci. Technol. 2015, 5, 1006-1013.
Meijuan Lu, Rong Huang, Junliang Wu, Mingli Fu, Limin Chen, Daiqi Ye*. On the performance and mechanisms of toluene removal by FeOx/SBA-15-assisted non-thermal plasma at atmospheric pressure and room temperature. Catal. Today, 2015, 242, 274-286.
Jun Zhang, Jinzhu Chen, Yuanyuan Guo, Limin Chen. Effective Upgrade of Levulinic Acid into gamma-Valerolactone over an Inexpensive and Magnetic Catalyst Derived from Hydrotalcite Precursor. ACS Sustain. Chem. Eng. 2015, 3(8): 1708-1714.
Jinzhu Chen*, Ruliang Liu, Yuanyuan Guo, Limin Chen, Hui Gao. Selective Hydrogenation of Biomass-Based 5-Hydroxymethylfurfural over Catalyst of Palladium Immobilized on Amine-Functionalized Metal-Organic Frameworks. ACS Catal. 2015, 5(2): 722-733. FEB
Aibing Chen, Yunzhao Zhang, Jinzhu Chen*, Limin Chen, Yifeng Yu. Metalloporphyrin- based organic polymers for carbon dioxide fixation to cyclic carbonate. J. Mater. Chem. A, 2015, 3(18):9807-9816.
Jinzhu Chen*, Jiawei Zhong, Yuanyuan Guo, Limin Chen. Ruthenium complex immobilized on poly(4-vinylpyridine)-functionalized carbon-nanotube for selective aerobic oxidation of 5-hydroxymethylfurfural to 2,5-diformylfuran. RSC Adv. 2015, 5(8), 5933-5940.
Yinnian Liao, Lifang He, Changgeng Man, Limin Chen, Mingli Fu, Junliang Wu, Daiqi Ye*, Bichun Huang, Diameter-dependent catalytic activity of ceria nanorods with various aspect ratios for toluene oxidation, Chem. Eng. J., 2014, 256, 439-447.
Jinzhu Chen*, Yuanyuan Guo, Jiayi Chen, Lu Song, Limin Chen. One-step Approach for 2,5-Diformylfuran from Fructose by Proton- and Vanadium-Containing Graphitic Carbon Nitride. ChemCatChem, 2014, 6, 3174-3181.
Ruliang Liu, Jinzhu Chen*, Limin Chen. Yuanyuan Guo, Jiawei Zhong. One-Step Approach to 2,5-Diformylfuran from Fructose by Using a Bifunctional and Recyclable Acidic Polyoxometalate Catalyst. ChemPlusChem 2014, 79, 1448-1454.
Shengpei Wang, Jinzhu Chen*, Limin Chen. Selective Conversion of Cellulose into Ethylene Glycol over Metal-Organic Framework-Derived Multifunctional Catalysts. Catal. Lett. 2014, 144, 1728-1734.
Jing Huang, Jinzhu Chen*, Hui Gao, Limin Chen. Kinetic Aspects for the Reduction of CO2 and CS2 with Mixed-Ligand Ruthenium (II) Hydride Complexes Containing Phosphine and Bipyridine. Inorg. Chem. 2014, 53(18), 9570-9580.
Meijuan Lu, Rong Huang, Peitao Wang, Limin Chen, Junliang Wu, Mingli Fu, William Wen, Bichun Huang, Daiqi Ye*, Plasma-Catalytic Oxidation of Toluene on MnxOy at Atmospheric Pressure and Room Temperature, Plasma Chem. Plasma Process. 2014, 34, 1141-1156.
Wei Zhang, Jinzhu Chen*, Ruliang Liu, Shengpei Wang, Limin Chen, Kegui Li. Hydrodeoxygenation of Lignin-Derived Phenolic Monomers and Dimers to Alkane Fuels over Bifunctional Zeolite-Supported Metal Catalysts. ACS Sustain. Chem. Eng. 2014, 2(4), 683-691.
Mingli Fu, Junmin Lin, Wenbo Zhu, Junliang Wu, Limin Chen, Bichun Huang, Daiqi Ye*, Surface reactive species on MnOx(0.4)-CeO2 catalysts towards soot oxidation assisted with pulse dielectric barrier discharge, J. Rare Earth. 2014, 32(2), 153-158.
Jiawei Zhong, Jinzhu Chen*, Limin Chen. Selective Hydrogenation of Phenol and Related Derivatives. Catal. Sci. Technol. 2014, 4(10), 3555-3569. (Minireview).
Jinzhu Chen*, Kegui Li, Limin Chen, Ruliang Liu, Xing Huang, Daiqi Ye. Conversion of Fructose into 5-Hydroxymethylfurfural Catalyzed by Recyclable Sulfonic Acid–Functionalized Metal-Organic Frameworks. Green Chem. 2014, 16(5), 2490-2499.
Jinzhu Chen*, Ruliang Liu, Hui Gao, Limin Chen, Daiqi Ye. Amine-Functionalized Metal-Organic Frameworks for the Transesterification of Triglycerides. J. Mater. Chem. A, 2014, 2(20), 7205-7213.
Jinzhu Chen*, Guoying Zhao, Limin Chen. Efficient Productions of 5-Hydroxymethylfurfural and Alkyl Levulinate from Biomass Carbohydrate Using Ionic Liquid-Based Polyoxometalate Salts. RSC Adv. 2014, 4(8), 4194-4202.
40. Yinnian Liao, Mingli Fu, Limin Chen, Junliang Wu, Bichun Huang, Daiqi Ye*, Catalytic oxidation of toluene over nanorod-structured Mn-Ce mixed oxides. Catal. Today 2013, 216, 220-228.
41. Jinzhu Chen*, Jing Huang, Limin Chen, Longlong Ma, Tiejun Wang, Uzma I. Zakai. Hydrodeoxygenation of Phenol and Derivatives over an Ionic-Liquid-Like Copolymer Stabilized Nanocatalyst in Aqueous Media. ChemCatChem, 2013, 5, 1598-1605.
42. Yanxia Su, Bingxin Fan, Lishan Wang, Youfa Liu, Bichun Huang, Mingli Fu, Limin Chen, Daiqi Ye*. MnOx supported on carbon nanotubes by different methods for the SCR of NO with NH3. Catal. Today 2013, 201, 115-121.
43. Jinzhu Chen*, Wei Zhang, Limin Chen, Longlong Ma,* Hui Gao, Tiejun Wang. Direct Selective Hydrogenation of Phenol and Derivatives over Polyaniline-Functionalized Carbon-Nanotube-Supported Palladium. ChemPlusChem, 2013, 78(2), 142-148. (Cover paper)
44. Ruliang Liu, Jinzhu Chen*, Xing Huang, Limin Chen, Longlong Ma and Xinjun Li. Conversion of fructose into 5-hydroxymethylfurfural and alkyl levulinates catalyzed by sulfonic acid-functionalized carbon materials. Green Chem. 2013, 15, 2895-2903.
45. Aibing Chen, Guoying Zhao, Jinzhu Chen*, Limin Chen, Yifeng Yu. Selective Hydrogenation of Phenol and Derivatives over an Ionic Liquid-like Copolymer Stabilized Palladium catalyst in Aqueous Media. RSC Adv. 2013, 3(13), 4171-4175.
46. Hui Gao, Jing Huang, Limin Chen, Ruliang Liu, Jinzhu Chen*. Synthesis, Characterization and Computational Study of Heterobimetallic CoFe Complexes for Mimicking Hydrogenase. RSC Adv. 2013, 3(11), 3557-3565.
47. Xiaoyun Li, Ding Ma, Limin Chen, and Xinhe Bao*. Fabrication of Molybdenum Carbide Catalysts over Multi-walled Carbon Nanotubes by Carbothermal Hydrogen Reduction. Catal. Lett. 2007, 116(1-2), 63-69.
Chen Limin, Zhang Yuyun, Ju min, sun Yuhai and ye Daiqi. A controllable synthesis method of new discoid zinc oxide doped with transition metal or rare earth metal is proposed. Application No.: 201610559571.8, application date: July 12, 2016.
Chen Limin, Guo Yuanyuan, he Lifang, Zhang Qixing and ye Daiqi. The invention relates to a dual function fast dehumidification deoxidizer and a preparation method thereof. Patent No.: ZL 201110393191.9.
Chen Limin, he Lifang, Guo Yuanyuan and ye Daiqi. A rapid deoxidizer for in situ forming primary cell and a preparation method thereof. Patent No.: ZL 201110337013.4.
Bao Xinhe, Chen Limin and Martin. A catalyst for oxidizing carbon monoxide in hydrogen and a preparation method thereof. Application No.: 200610011795.1 (2006).
Chen Limin, associate professor and master supervisor, is currently working in the air environment and pollution control research team of Professor Ye Daiqi (academic leader). The research contents include the theory and technology of air pollution control, the resource utilization of greenhouse gases, the control of toxic and harmful air pollutants, and the research of multifunctional environmental nano materials. In the past five years, she has presided over more than 10 projects, including the major research programs of NSFC, the youth fund of NSFC, the Doctoral Program Fund of the Ministry of education, the natural science fund of Guangdong Province, the science and technology program of Guangzhou City, and the business funds of Central Universities of South China University of technology. More than 50 SCI papers have been published in science, chemsuschem, green chemistry, catalysis science & technology, chemcatchem, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, catalysis today and other journals in the field of environmental science, engineering and chemistry. Four Chinese national invention patents have been applied, and two invention patents have been authorized. She has extensive cooperation with Peking University, University of science and technology of China, Dalian University of technology, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Guangzhou Institute of energy, Chinese Academy of Sciences and other universities and scientific research institutions.hou,