Zhi Dang, Ph.D
School of Environmental Science and Engineering
South China University of Technology
Guangzhou Higher Education Mega Center
Guangzhou, Guangdong Province 510006
1992.8-1996.2 Ph.D in Environmental Geochemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences
1985.8-1988.10 M.S. in Analytical Geochemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences
1979.10-1983.7 BS in Chemistry, Ningxia University
2000.2 – present: Professor in School of Environmental Science and Engineering, South China University of Technology.
1998. 10 – 2000.1 Research fellow in Dept. of Environmental Geochemistry Institute of Geochemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
1997.2-1998. 09 Postdoctoral research associate in Civil and Environmental Engineering Department, University of Michigan (Ann Arbo).
1996.3-1997.1 Research associate in Dept. of Environmental Geochemistry Institute of Geochemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
1992.6-1993.9 Visiting scholar in School of Biological and Molecular Sciences, Oxford Brookes University.
1988.11-1992.6 Research assistant in Dept. of Environmental Geochemistry Institute of Geochemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
1. Heavy metal and toxic elements storage, release, migration, and transformation mechanism and contaminated soil remediation (especially bioremediation) in ore area.
2. Organic contaminants migration, enrichment, degradation, and fate in soil/precipitation – water system.
3. Heavy metal chemical formation, bio-utilization, and toxicity in environment.
4. Rock-water interaction mechanism.
1. Environmental Organic Chemistry
2. Environmental Chemistry
3. Introduction to Environmental Engineering
PART OF RECENT RESEARCH PROJECTS
1. Passivation mechanisms of metal sulfides in mine tailing and their geochemistry effects in environment, 2008-2011, Key Program of National Natural Science Foundation of China
2. Heavy metal remediation of soil in ore area – technology and demonstration, 2008 -2010, National High Technology Research and Development Program of China (863 Program)
3. Integration pollution control technology and engineering demonstration in Dongjiang ore area, 2008-2013, Major Science and Technology Program for Water Pollution Control.
4. Remediation of soil contaminated by petroleum combining microorganism, plants, and redox reactions, 2010 – 2014, Guangdong Natural Science Foundation.
5. The simultaneously removal of heavy metals and sulfate in acidic mine wastewater by adsorption and biodegradation, 2011-2013, General Program of National Natural Science Foundation of China
1. Guangdong Environmental Protection Awards for Science and Technology, 2nd Class, “Environmental chemistry and remediation mechanism of heavy metals and organic compounds in contaminated soil”
2. Guangdong Environmental Protection Awards for Science and Technology, 1st Class, “The Chemistry Behavior and Micro-biodegradation Mechanisms of Petroleum Pollutants in Soil”
1. Qian Zhang, Chen Yang, Zhi Dang, and Weilin Huang, 2011,Sorption of Tylosin on Agricultural Soils. Soil Sci, 176 (8): 407-412.
2. Pingxiao Wu, Jianbing Zhou, Xiaorong Wang, Yaping Dai, Zhi Dang, Nengwu Zhu, Ping Li and Jinhua Wu, 2011, Adsorption of Cu-EDTA complexes from aqueous solutions by polymeric Fe/Zr pillared montmorillonite: Behaviors and mechanisms. Desalination. 277(1-3): 288-295.
3. Wei Cao, Zhi Dang, Xing-Qiu Zhou, Xiao-Yun Yi, Ping-Xiao Wu, Neng-Wu Zhu, Gui-Ning Lu, 2011, Removal of sulphate from aqueous solution using modified rice straw: Preparation, characterization and adsorption performance. Carbohydrate Polymers 85:571–577.
4. Yun Liu, Zhi Dang Yun Liu, Zhi Dang, PingXiao Wu, Jing Lu, Xiaohua Shu, Liuchun Zheng, 2011, Influence of ferric iron on the electrochemical behavior of pyrite. Ionics, 17:169–176.
5. Ren-Ren Wu, Zhi Dang， Xiao-Yun Yi, Chen Yang, Gui-Ning Lu, Chu-Ling Guo, Cong-Qiang Liu, 2011, The effects of nutrient amendment on biodegradation and cytochrome P450 activity of an n-alkane degrading strain of Burkholderia sp. GS3C. Journal of Hazardous Materials 186: 978–983.
6. Chuling Guo, Lin Ke, Zhi Dang, Nora Fungyee Tam*, 2011, Temporal changes in Sphingomonas and Mycobacterium populations in mangrove sediments contaminated with different concentrations of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs). Marine Pollution Bulletin. 62:133–139.
7. Jianbing Zhou, Pingxiao Wu, Zhi Dang, Nengwu Zhu, Ping Li, Jinhua Wu, Xiangde Wang, 2010, Polymeric Fe/Zr pillared montmorillonite for the removal of Cr(VI) from aqueous solutions. Chemical Engineering Journal, 162: 1035-1044.
8. Xidan Feng, Zhi Dang, Weilin Huang, Longyi Shao and Weijun Li,2010, Microscopic morphology and size distribution of particles in PM2.5 of Guangzhou City. Journal of Atmospheric Chemistry. 64:37–51.
9. Chuling Guo, Zhi Dang, Yukshan Wong, Nora Fungyee Tam, 2010, Biodegradation ability and dioxgenase genes of PAH-degrading Sphingomonas and Mycobacterium strains isolated from mangrove sediments. International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation 64:419-426.
10. Tang X., L.Y. He, X.Q. Tao, Z. Dang, C.L. Guo, G.N. Lua, X.Y. Yi, 2010, Construction of an artificial microalgal-bacterial consortium that efficiently degrades crude oil. Journal of Hazardous Materials. 181: 1158–1162.
11. Liuchun Zheng, Zhi Dang, Chaofei Zhu, Xiaoyun Yi, Hui Zhang, Congqiang Liu, 2010 Removal of cadmium(II) from aqueous solution by corn stalk graft copolymers. Bioresource Technology, 101: 5820–5826.
12. Gui-Ning Lu, Xue-Qin Tao, Weilin Huang, Zhi Dang, Zhong Li, Cong-Qiang Liu, 2010, Dechlorination pathways of diverse chlorinated aromatic pollutants conducted by Dehalococcoides sp. Strain CBDB. Science of the Total Environment, 408, 2549–2554.
13. Gui-ning Lu, Xue-qin Tao, Zhi Dang, Weilin Huang, and Zhong Li, 2010, Quantitative structure–property relationships on dissolvability of pcdd/fs using quantum chemical descriptors and partial least squares. Journal of Theoretical and Computational Chemistry, 9, Supp. 1, 9–22.
14. Gui-Ning Lu, Zhi Dang, Donna E. Fennell, Weilin Huang*, Zhong Li, Cong-Qiang Liu, 2010, Rules of thumb for assessing reductive dechlorination pathways of PCDDs in specific systems, Journal of Hazardous Materials. 177:1145–1149.
15. Liuchun Zheng, Zhi Dang, Xiaoyun Yi, Hui Zhang, 2010, Equilibrium and kinetic studies of adsorption of Cd (II) from aqueous solution using modified corn stalk. Journal of Hazardous Materials.176: 650–656.
16. Yao L.X., Li G.L., Dang Z., He Z.H., Zhou C.M., Yang B.M., 2009, Phytoavailability of roxarsone and its metabolites for turnip as affected by soil pH. Geoderma 154, 48–51.
17. Lu XW, Dang Z, Yang C 2010, Preliminary investigation of chloramphenicol in fish, water and sediment from freshwater aquaculture pond. International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 6(4): 597-604.
18. Yang, C.; Huang, W.; Fu, J.; Dang, Z., 2009, Impact of kerogen heterogeneity on sorption of organic pollutants. 1. Sorbent characterization. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 1585–1591.
19. Yang, C.; Yu, Z.; Xiao, B.; Huang, W.; Fu, J.; Dang, Z., 2009, Impact of kerogen heterogeneity on sorption of organic pollutants. 2. Sorption equilibria. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 1592–1598.
20. Feng XD, Dang Z， Huang W L, Yang C, 2009, Chemical speciation of find particle bound trace metals, International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 6 (3), 337-346.（SCI）
21. Hui Zhang, Zhi Dang, Xiao-Yun Yi, Chen Yang, Liu-Chun Zheng, Gui-Ning Lu, 2009, Evaluation of dissipation mechanisms for pyrene by maize (ZEA MAYS L.) in cadmium co-contaminated soil, Global Network of Environmental Science and Technology. 4(11): 487－496.
22. Hui Zhang, Zhi Dang, Liu-Chun Zheng, Xiao-Yun Yi, 2009, Phytoremediation of soil co-contaminated with pyrene and cadmium by growing maize (ZEA MAYS L.), International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology. 6(2):249-258.