SCUT, appointed by Center for Language Education and Cooperation to host International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship for Four-week program, One-semester Program, One-year Program and Bachelor's Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Language Program. With competitive course settings, diversified extra- curriculum activities and good teaching effect, SCUT has gained great appraisal by Center for Language Education and Cooperation and students who studied at SCUT.
(1) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens, in good Physical and mental condition, well performed both academically and behaviorally. Aspired to take future careers on the teaching or international promotion of Chinese language.
(2) Between the ages of 16-35 on September 1st, 2022. Applicants currently worked as Chinese language teachers shall not exceed the age limit of 45, while undergraduate students shall not exceed the age limit of 25.
2. Scholarship Types and Qulifications
(1) Scholarship for Bachelor's Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Language
Commences September 2022 and provides scholarship for maximum four academic years. Applicants must have graduated with a high school diploma, and have a minimum score of 210 in HSK Test (Level 4) as well as 60 in HSKK test (Intermediate Level).
(2) Scholarship for One Academic-Year Study
This category provides a scholarship for 11 months. Applicants must not be in china at the time of applying. Enrollment starts in September 2022. Applicants must have a minimum score of 210 in HSK Test (Level 3) and possess HSKK result.
(3) Scholarship for One-Semester Study
Enrollment starts in September 2022 or March 2022. This category provides a scholarship for 5 months. Applicants who already have X1 or X2 visa will be refused. Applicants must have a minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 3) and possess HSKK result.
(4) Scholarship for Four-week Study
Enrollment starts in July 2022 or December 2022. This category provides a scholarship for 4 weeks. Applicants who already have X1 or X2 visa will be refused. Applicants must possess HSK result, and must apply in group through Center for Language Education and Cooperation. A group can only have between 10-15 applicants.
3. Coverage and Criteria
(1) The International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance (except four-week program students) and comprehensive medical insurance package.
(2) Living allowance is granted on monthly basis. The allowance criteria per person is: Bachelor Students, One-Academic-Year Students, One-Semester Students: RMB 2,500 per month.
4. Application Procedure
(1) For all applicants, please log on Center for Language Education and Cooperation website (http://cis.chinese.cn) to register. Complete the Scholarships Application Form online and upload the scanned copies of relevant supporting documents. Application materials:
• A scanned copy of the passport data page
• HSK, HSKK score reports of no longer than two years
• Recommendation letter signed by the head of the recommending Institutions
• The Foreigner Physical Examination Form should be filled in Chinese or English
• Degree scholarship program applicants need to provide notarized certification of the highest education diploma (or certificate of expected graduation), and official transcripts
• Applicant who is currently working in a Chinese language teaching-related field shall provide an employment certification and reference letters from the agency
• Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit notarized documents of entrusted legal guardians in China
(2) Applicants must submit all other documents required by SCUT for application.
(3) Recommending institutions reviews materials and recommends applicants who meet the criteria to our university.
(4) Applicants log on SCUT International Student Service System (www.scut.edu.cn/apply) to register (free of application fee). Fill out the personal information and upload the scanned copies of relevant supporting documents.
(5) SCUT reviews materials, organizes online interviews, and issue the pre-admission on merit.
(6) Center for Language Education and Cooperation reviews materials and announces the winners.