1. Program Overview
The International Foundation Program offered by South China University of Technology is designed to prepare international students to operate in a university setting by familiarizing them with the requirements needed to succeed as an undergraduate student. The program is suited for those who do not meet the minimum requirements for direct entry into SCUT's undergraduate programs.
All courses are conducted in Chinese or English by SCUT lecturers and by experienced instructors. Students are accepted to undergraduate degree programs at SCUT if they successfully complete and pass the program. Upon successful completion of the program, a certificate recognized by other higher education institutions will be awarded.
2. Main Courses
(1) Chinese-Medium: Mathematics, Physics, Comprehensive Chinese, IT Chinese, Specialty Chinese.
(2) English-Medium: Mathematics, Physics, English, Basic Chinese, Management, Introduction to Computer Science.
(1) Chinese-Medium: RMB 23,000 per academic year (spring/fall semester intake).
(2) English-Medium: RMB 18,000 per academic year (fall semester intake only).
4. Admission Requirements
(1) O-Level Certificate and results, or a letter from your current school which shows that you have successfully completed two years of high school.
(2) English test results: Applicants from non-English speaking countries are required to submit a TOEFL score of 50 or IELTS 5.0, or other equivalent English language qualifications(within certain countries).
(3) Chinese-medium program offers spring semester intake, which applicants are required to submit HSK 4 or above.