Chinese Government Scholarship for Postgraduate Students
In order to increase the cooperation and understanding between the people of China and other countries, develop outstanding international talent, SCUT will provide 70 full scholarships for full-time postgraduate studies under the Chinese government scholarship program.
(1) Applicants must be non-Chinese national and be in good health.
(2) Education background and age limit:
- Applicants studying to earn a Master’s degree must have a Bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants studying to earn a Doctorate degree must have a Master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
2. Details of the Scholarship (Full Scholarship)
(1) Exempt from registration fee, tuition, and fee for accommodation;
(2) Monthly Living allowance:
- Master’s degree students: RMB 3,000
- Doctorate degree students: RMB 3,500
(3) Comprehensive Medical Insurance for International Students in China.
3. Application Materials
*Agency No: 10561
*Program Category Type B
Print two copies of the application form, and submit them together with the following materials:
(1) A copy of passport
(2) Highest diploma (original copy and notarized photocopy).
(3) Relevant notarized transcripts for those applying for master’s or doctorate degree programs.
(4) A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (Chinese or English, no less than 500 words).
(5) Two reference letters in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors,
(6) An acceptance letter of supervisor
(7)One cassette records for those applying to music programs. 2 color photographs of each: sketches, color painting, other works for those applying to fine arts programs.
(8) Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
*All documents mentioned should be in either Chinese or English.
*Translations of certificate and transcripts must be notarized.
*All documents must be true and legal
Language requirements for Chinese-Medium Programs:
-New HSK Band 4 with scores above 180 for Science or Engineering studies;
-New HSK Band 5 with scores above 180 for Liberal Arts, Economics, or Management Studies.
Language requirements for English-Medium Programs (only for non-English speaking
-TOEFL IBT 80 or above;
-IELTS 6.0 above or above.
Updating above application material to the online application system of SCUT
4. Important Dates
(1) Application Deadline: March 31 2017
(2)First-round candidates will be published on the website: www.scut.edu.cn/sie/english in late May
(3)Successful applicants will be shortlisted and published on the website: www.scut.edu.cn/sie/english in late June
(4) The Office of International Student Recruitment will send Admission Notices and Visa application forms (JW201) to successful applicants in early July
(5) Classes begin: early September
(6) Delivery Address: Room 207, Building B1, Admissions Office, School of International Education, South China University of Technology, University Town Campus, Panyu District, Guangzhou, China. Post code: 510006