Chinese Government Scholarship for Postgraduate Students
In order to increase the cooperation and understanding between the people of China and other countries, develop outstanding international talent, South China University of Technology (SCUT) will provide 60 full scholarships for full-time postgraduate studies under the Chinese government scholarship program.
(1) Applicants must be non-Chinese national and be in good health.
(2) Education background and age limit:
- Applicants studying to earn a Master’s degree must have a Bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants studying to earn a Doctorate degree must have a Master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
2. Details of the Scholarship (Full Scholarship)
(1) Exempt from registration fee, tuition, and fee for accommodation;
(2) Monthly Living allowance:
- Master’s degree students: RMB 3,000
- Doctorate degree students: RMB 3,500
(3) Comprehensive Medical Insurance for International Students in China.
3. Application Materials
The applicants must first apply on the website: http://laihua.csc.edu.cn/. After completing the application form, please print two copies of the application form, and submit them together with the following materials truly and correctly.
(1) Highest diploma (notarized photocopy).
(2) Applicants studying to earn their Master’s or Doctorate degree need to provide relevant notarized transcripts.
(3) A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words).
(4) Applicants must submit two reference letters in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
(5) Applicants for music are requested to submit one cassette recording of the applicant’s own work. Applicants for fine arts must submit six color photographs of personal works (two sketches, two color paintings and two other works).
(6) Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
* Agency No: 10561
* All documents mentioned should be in either Chinese or English.
* Certificate and transcripts should be in notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. Important Dates
(1) Application Deadline: 10th April
(2) In the end of June, successful applicants will be shortlisted and published on the website: www.scut.edu.cn/sie/english
(3) In early July, Office of International Student Recruitment will send the Admission Notice and Visa application form (JW201) to successful applicants.
(4) Start of Classes：1st September (To be confirmed)